Textile & Fabric Testing Instruments
By testing the performance of the textiles,manufactures can make sure that their textiles live up to the high expectations on the market and that they are strong and flexible enough to do the job that they were designed for.
Most common test types of textiles,fabrics, cloths as well as some fibers includes tear resistance, compressive strength, tensile strength, puncture resistance, as well as air permeability, thickness, coefficient of friction and etc.
Many types of these tests can be performed on Labthink high-precision test machines.
Common test standards for textiles include:
- ASTM D737 -- Standard Test Method for Air Permeability of Textile Fabrics
- ASTM D1777 -- Standard Test Method for Thickness of Textile Materials
- ISO 9237 – determination of thepermeability of fabrics to air
- ISO 6452 – Coated Fabrics – Determination of Fogging characteristics or trim materials in the interior of automobiles
- ASTM D1424 -- Standard Test Method for Tearing Strength of Fabrics by Falling-Pendulum(Elmendorf-Type) Apparatus
- ASTM D2256 – Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Yarns by the Single-Strand Method
- ASTM D5587 – Standard Test Method for Tearing Strength of Fabrics by Trapezoid Procedure