1. Introducing Labthink International's cloud testing service
Cloud testing, which is a brand new type of testing service outsourcing, greatly saves us the pain and trouble of building laboratories, purchasing equipment, training technicians, managing staff, and maintaining facilities. Thanks to the internet of things and cloud computing technologies, Cloud testing provides us the best quality of material testing and data analysis with the highest efficiency and the least input.
Cloud testing provides you "Your Own Laboratory", where you will have your own management portal, logo, profile, specimen management spaces, as well as historical report saving and data analysis services. By consulting our experts, your packaging issues will be diagnosed and feasible suggestions will be offered to improve your packaging technology.
Cloud testing, which combines the advanced internet of things and cloud computing technologies, provides you the most convenient and efficient services of material testing and data analysis. Once you have prepared and sent out the test specimens, you can log in your own management portal through any fixed or mobile devices to track the up-to-date status and test information of the specimens. With the help of intelligent and high-speed data processing functions, you can generate test reports and perform online data analysis in the system.
2. How It Works
a) Sampling: When a batch of material is put into storage, ready to be used, or required to be tested, you can sample a certain amount of test specimens and pack well as required;
b) Submission: Log in your management portal and submit the detailed test request form with specific requirements;
c) Logistics: mail the packed test specimens to the testing center;
d) Test: Once the testing center receives the test specimens, professional technicians will perform the corresponding tests as required in the test request form. The status of specimens and results of the test will be instantaneously updated through our server;
e) Report: You can log in your management portal to check the up-to-date status of specimens and test results. Test report will be automatically generated for you when all the required tests are finished;
f) Data Analysis: If you wish to analyze your historical test results and explore useful information among vast data, you can select an analytical report template in the system to generate the corresponding report.
3. Testing Fee
- Test Report
Pay per report. Once the test report is generated, the corresponding testing fee will be deducted from your account balance based on the submitted test request form. Then you will be able to view or download your report permanently. You will pay for every single report (each test item corresponds to a single report), and get a free comprehensive report for each request form. For detailed rates of test items, please refer to test items.
- Analytical Report
Pay per template type. If you wish to analyze your historical test results and explore useful information among vast data, you can select an analytical report template in the system to generate the corresponding report. The fee for this report will be deducted from your account based on the template type. Then you will be able to view or download your report permanently. For now, we accept customizations of report templates from our customers. If you have such requirements, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- Diagnostic Report (for food packaging only)
Pay per report. If you wish to get consultation and diagnosis of your packaging materials or finished packages, you may select the diagnosis service which our experts will provide you with the detailed testing, analysis, and improvement suggestions of your packages. Once the report is ready, you can download it from your management portal permanently.
When you successfully signed up the testing service contract with us, you will get an e-account to pay for the services.
4. Service flow Chart
4.1. Sign up
If you would like to join our testing service program, you can either leave an online message or contact us. Our service representative will help you better understand the service and a service contract will be signed once everything is settled.
4.2. Prepare hardware
You may need the following hardware to facilitate the operation of testing service.
You will need a computer with internet connection to log in the cloud testing system. In your management portal, you can submit test request forms, download reports, and manage users. For your account safety, we suggest you prepare a computer exclusively for such purpose.
- Coding machine (optional) Note—about encoding the samples
You will need a coding machine for better sample management and tracking of test status. If you don’t have one, or there’s no such suppliers within your area, you may also use a printer instead.
After you filled out the test request form, a unique bar code will be generated for this form. Once you connect the coding machine (or printer) to your computer, this bar code will be printed out and you need to stick it to the packed sample. This bar code will be the tracking number for the consequent procedures, such as transportation, sample status, and test status, etc.
4.3. Customize portal
Once you successfully sign up with us, our service representative will provide you with the administrator account and password. Our technical staff will assist you with the portal configuration and carry on specific training.
- Functions of the administrator account
Enterprise Information Management: if you log in with this account, you can customize your management portal with your company’s logo, profile, and other information, which makes the testing center “your own laboratory”.
Create User Accounts: you can create as many user accounts as you wish with the administrator account. You can also “Add”, “Modify”, “Activate/Disable”, or “Assign Role” to user accounts.
E-account Management: the cloud testing system is a prepaid self-service system which charges by results. You need to make sure your e-account has enough balance to cover your required test items. Once you receive the report, the fee for this result will be automatically deducted by the system. If your balance is low, our service representative will send you a reminder. The administrator account is the only one with the permission to prepay your e-account.
- <Instruction Manual>
Please log in the cloud testing system to download the <<Instruction Manual>>, or you can contact our service representative for it.
4.4. Send sample
When you have samples for test, strictly follow the sampling instructions and pack well with the bar code on it.
- Sampling Requirements
Each type of material or test item has its specific sampling requirement. Please refer to Notice on the Test for details. Make sure the amount of samples is adequate for all tests.
- Packing Requirements
The samples for one test request form should be in one pack with the corresponding bar code on it. If you submitted several forms, you need individual pack for each form and stick the corresponding bar-code. In order to ensure the test accuracy, please keep the samples intact when sending out.
4.5. Submit test request form
The cloud testing system utilizes online test request forms instead of paper forms which requires printing out and mailing. System users can log in the account, fill out the online form, and submit it via internet. Once the form is confirmed, our technicians will perform the required test items based on the received form.
In order to further simplify your operation, the system support "Specimen Management" function, which saves your most frequently tested materials and items in the database. Every time you fill out a request form, you can simply browse and quickly pull out the information.
4.6. Download report
Four types of testing reports are available in cloud testing system:
- Single Report: Based on the submitted test request form, the system will automatically generate a single report for each test item with detailed specimen information, test parameters, results, graphs, and process data, etc.
- Comprehensive Report: When all required test items are finished, the system will automatically generate a comprehensive report for each request form so that you may be able to review the overall result of such test.
- Analytical Report: In order to deeply explore the data with potential value, cloud testing system provides the service of analyzing historical data, which generates analytical and statistical reports of test results for a certain period of time to guide production and procurement. Two types of reports are available: supplier management report and production guiding report.
- Supplier Management Report: the major purpose of such report is to help manage the material quality of your suppliers. By comparing the test results of the same material from different suppliers, you can get a better view of the product quality of your suppliers. By comparing the test results of the same material from different batches, you can set up a standard for choosing suppliers.
- Production Guiding Report: the major purpose of such report is for the internal quality control of production. By analyzing and comparing the testing results and actual production data from different period, you may get a way to optimize production.
- Diagnostic Report: In order to help better understand your packaging materials and reveal potential packaging issues, a diagnostic report is offered to perform a whole set of diagnosis of your packaging materials. The report includes a number of useful contents such as individual test result, properties and technology of packaging material, requirement of content for packaging materials, compatibility of content and package, potential issues of packaging materials, and feasible suggestions, etc. It is based on a series of tests and written by our packaging experts to help you select proper supplier and improve packaging safety level.
4.7. Prepay E-account
- The cloud testing system is a prepaid self-service system which charges by result. You need to make sure your e-account has enough balance to cover your required test items. Once you receive the report, the fee for this result will be automatically deducted by the system.
- The administrator account is the one with the permission to prepay your e-account. If your balance is not enough to cover the required test item, the test request form will not be submitted.
- After prepaid, we will send you the invoice and be responsible for the postage (if required).